The distribution of products has been around for a very long time. When a product is created it needs a distributor to get it to the stores that will sell it. A manufacturing company creates a new product, sells it to wholesale distributors, and the distributors then sell the product to the retail stores that will sell it. Each company makes a profit of their own. Otherwise, none would be in business.
However, what if we were to take out the distributor and the stores? You would then essentially become the dropshipper, selling products to the public via the Internet straight from the manufacturer.
Why Become a Dropshipper?
There are so many benefits to becoming a dropshipper. Here are a few of the benefits you will have as a dropshipper:
- You will have no inventory to store.
- You do not have to ship the products sold.
- You create the markup, which determines the profits you will receive.
The only things you need to become a successful dropshipper are an entrepreneurial spirit, a good business sense, ability to research a good dropship supplier, set up Internet stores, and market your products as well as you can.
- Finding a bad dropship supplier. Research your dropship supplier before you decide to do business with them. Check them out as much as you can before you make your decision.
- Ask for tracking numbers when an item is shipped. If they can’t provide them, it might be better to choose another dropship supplier.
- Ask a potential dropship supplier how long their estimated delivery times are. Customers will want to know how long it will take for them to receive their order.
- You shouldn’t have to pay a fee to access a dropship supplier’s product line.
You can make a successful business out of dropshipping online. You can create more than one website, and work with more than one dropship supplier to optimize your results. There are probably more businesses and websites online that you have visited and didn’t even know that the owner was using a dropshipper.
You choose the products from the dropshipper’s product line that you want to sell, set up a website, market your products, and start selling. It can be that simple. The best places to start selling are eBay and Yahoo Merchant Stores. However, you should also create your own websites that showcase your products and allow people to purchase them there as well. Ebay and Yahoo will help you a lot with marketing if you use their website stores to their greatest advantage. Utilize keyword-targeted articles for your websites so the right people can find you easily.
The best part about being a dropshipper is that you can sell products that you are passionate about, and make money! You will be more happy with your businesses if you are selling something that you truly care about, and that passion will show through to your customers.