People are hungry for the information newsletters give them. You –if you like the information business–can start building your fortune in newsletters. How? Here’s how:
- Pick a topic for your newsletter. The topic should be one that’s of major interest today. Examples of good topics include: Real Estate, Import-Export, Mail Order, Small Business of All Types, Women-Related Subjects.
- Find out how you can reach your readers. Most newsletter publishers use direct mail to sell subscriptions to potential readers. And direct mail still works best for almost every publisher today. You just rent lists of prospects and send them a letter asking them to join.
- Prepare the first six issues of your newsletter. If you can’t write well (some successful newsletter publishers have this problem,too), get a “packager” to supply your first six issues, ready to mail to your subscribers.
- Write (or have someone write) your sales letter in which you describe the great features of your newsletter which will help readers earn more money, solve their business problems and lead a better life.
- Mail your sales letter to prospects– that is, people who have a strong need for the information you’re offering. Such people will gladly pay your subscription fee if your newsletter gives them info they need.
- Price your newsletter high enough for you to earn a profit with 500, or fewer, subscribers. With this approach you’ll have lower mailing costs and higher profits. Thus, most professional business newsletters are priced at $150 or more per year. This gives you a high profit margin and a lower breakeven so you need fewer subs to succeed.
- Expand your subscriber list by adding needed topics to your newsletter to help your readers earn more in their business, or enjoy a hobby more, depending on the topic.
- Offer other, related, products to your readers. They’ll appreciate your finding the products for them. You can sell other people’s products on a commission basis. Or you can develop products on your own and have them made. This can be much more profitable.
- Expand to other newsletters as your profit grows. This is easy, once you get the “feel” for newsletters. And your fortune will grow as you expand and prosper!
Tyler G. Hicks, the president of International Wealth Success Inc., is the author of many wealth building publications, including the International Wealth Success Newsletter and the Money Watch Bulletin.