by Rosalind Gardner
Back when my online business consisted ONLY of affiliate sites, I had no need for a personal assistant.
The sites were all in place, and my affiliated merchants handled everything related to orders.
Last week, one of my clients mentioned that he was moving AWAY from selling his own products to promoting more affiliate programs just for the simplicity and freedom.
Yup, he definitely ‘gets’ it.
Although there are many, many benefits to promoting affiliate programs with your own home-based Internet business, here are my top 10 reasons to become an affiliate marketer.
1. No Product Development Costs – The cost to develop and produce a new product is expensive! But you needn’t worry about that as an affiliate.
2. Low Cost Set-up – Got a desk, Internet-connected computer and word-processing software? You’re in business!
3. No Fees or Geographic Limits on Distribution – Affiliate programs are usually free to join, and market reach is limited only by the affiliate’s ability to promote his or her web site.
4. Choose From Thousands of Products and Services – What isn’t sold online? With affiliate networks like Commission Junction, Be Free and Linkshare, it’s easy to find roducts related to your current or planned web site.
5. No Merchant Account Required – Forget the problems associated with collecting and storing names, addresses, credit card numbers, etc. The merchant handles all payment processing, so you never have to lose sleep over chargebacks, fraud or losing your merchant account.
6. No Inventory to Carry – Even if you live in a small one-bedroom apartment, you can sell large items without storage concerns.
7. No Shipping Costs – Don’t worry about buying packing supplies or postal rates. The cost and hassle to prepare and ship products to customers worldwide belongs to the merchant.
8. No Customer Concerns – Do you hate the prospect of dealing with nasty people? Don’t worry about it! The merchant handles the snivelers.
9. Make Money While You Sleep – What other business allows you as a sole proprietor to keep your doors open and keep making money even when you take breaks or after you go home for the night?
10. High Income Potential – With your own affiliate business your income potential is limited only by your desire, effort and imagination – not your boss.
Relatively low outlay of resources with huge potential returns truly makes affiliate marketing on the Internet an outstanding business opportunity.
Article by Rosalind Gardner, author of the best-selling The Super Affiliate Handbook: How I Made $436,797 in One Year Selling Other People’s Stuff Online.