Raising money for business or real estate is a lot easier if you use the sure and proven ways approved by all lenders, namely:
- Supply a short business plan with your loan application or venture capital proposal–typed!
- Tell, in your business plan, how the money will be used and exactly how it will be repaid, if you’re looking for a loan, or expected investor profits for venture capital you’re trying to raise for a business.
- Use rounded numbers for the loan or venture capital needed. Ask for a $100,000 loan instead of $99,800. Seek $1-million in venture capital, not $980,000!
- Never submit a hand-written loan application–it won’t get you a loan or venture capital today.
- Dress well if you apply in person. Dress-down casual doesn’t cut it with lenders today. Wear a suit and tie–ladies should leave their slacks at home.
- Focus on the lender’s or venture capitalist’s interests– a lender wants to be repaid in FULL and ON TIME! A venture capitalist wants to see his/her money grow fast!
Copyright © 2002 by International Wealth Success, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tyler G. Hicks, the president of International Wealth Success Inc., is the author of many wealth building publications, including the Multi-Family Home and Multi-Unit Real Estate Riches Kit.