Let’s do some paid surveys review. There are basically five ways to get paid for taking surveys: focus groups, telephone interviews, mailed paper surveys, in-person interviews and online surveys. Let’s look at each of them individually.
1. Focus Groups – Many companies use focus groups to see how an audience responds to an advertising campaign before it is launched. The material is presented to the group and then the group discusses the response to the campaign. Companies usually have trained personnel watching the reactions of the group and the company frequently video tapes the session for later study as well. Discussion group participation can pay up to $75 per hour.
2. Telephone Interviews – Companies use these when they want to get more detailed individual answers than are usually available with other methods. These interviews are usually relatively short and only cover one topic. For example, a specific cell phone application would be the topic of an interview, not the carrier or the phone in general.
3. Mailed Paper Surveys – In this case the company mails a detailed paper survey to the potential customer and asks them to fill it out and mail it back in a pre-addressed and prepaid envelope. If it is a very long survey, they will offer an incentive to fill out and return the survey. Unfortunately, these surveys have a very low response rate.
4. In-person Interviews – These are usually conducted in retail stores, shopping centers and malls. For example, almost everyone has had a free sample of some kind food offered to you in a supermarket and the worker then asks your opinion about the food.
5. Paid Online Surveys – These are surveys that are conducted using survey software that is installed on websites. Like all of the others, companies pay for the survey being conducted. They are willing to pay the potential customer because the response rate is so high and the actual cost of the survey is relatively low, it is a bargain for the company that produces accurate information.
If you would like to learn how to start taking paid surveys please feel free to read other articles on our site or join our Paid Surveys at Home membership for getting paid to take surveys.