You can build a successful exporting business if you follow five simple rules. These rules are:
- Start with just one product or a line of related products. Why? Because by specializing in one product you become known as a supplier of that item and people look to you for it.
- Choose one country to export to at the start. You can then become a “mini-expert” on that country and its product needs.
- Use whatever means of communication your future customers prefer–Air Mail, Fax, E-mail, Cable. Why? You’re catering to their preferences and they like that and give you more business than an exporter who uses only his/her way.
- Give full information on the product you will be exporting. You get this free of charge from your supplier.
- Supply full price data on the product to your importer. The more price info you supply, the better your chances of making the sale. Your supplier gives you price info free of charge!
You can earn big money in exporting. But to do so you must follow the unspoken rules. The five rules above will work for you!
Copyright © 2003 by International Wealth Success, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tyler G. Hicks, the president of International Wealth Success Inc., is the author of many wealth building publications, including the Export-Import Success Kit.