What to look for in a great wholesale electronics supplier:
- Quality products. To make it big in selling electronics, you need exceptional quality of products. Unless you are dealing in second hand or factory seconds items, you will need flawless products and packaging with manuals and instructions. It's so worth the time it takes to find a supplier with great quality items as it will save you a lot of time spent on processing refunds and dealing with angry emails from frustrated customers.
- Quality Service. You need a supplier who will deliver on time and will respond to any queries thoroughly and quickly. The very best suppliers will communicate with you regularly, even long after you have placed a large order with them. You should also go for a supplier with a strong personal interest in electronics and technology – this will help when you have technical questions and will help to ensure that they will stock the latest products.
- Product guarantees. Of all the products you could sell, electronics is probably one of the most potentially problematic. Your supplier should be able to guarantee all their products.
- A partnership approach. A strong and mutual relationship will benefit both you and your supplier, and will have your supplier acknowledge how important your business is, and you acknowledge how valuable their great service and product range is for your business.
- A clean record. For online suppliers, you can conduct a search on them on the Better Business Bureau's site which can tell you if the site has had complaints laid against them. Look closely at the results – even some of the best sites have had complaints lodged on BBB but if there are many that are consistently about the quality of the products, it's best to take this as a sign that they aren't a great supplier.
Where can I find the best wholesale electronics suppliers?
The best suppliers aren't always easy to find but with a few hours of solid searching and researching, you can definitely find some great online suppliers.
- Google searches work well, but to really narrow your results down to finding only the best search for “award winning + electronics suppliers” or use other key words like “legitimate”, “trusted” or “recommended”.
- To really ensure that you get the best possible suppliers, use a reputable online supplier directory. The best of these are regularly updated and list only trusted suppliers. To find a list of reputable suppliers, try Googling “product sourcing directories”.
- To find local suppliers, you can try visiting local trade fairs or simply pull out your Yellow Pages and looking for manufacturers, suppliers or wholesalers near you.
SaleHoo is one of the fastest growing product sourcing portals on the internet. It contains a database of drop ship, wholesale, closeout and manufacturing suppliers offering thousands of product suppliers to consumers! Located at http://www.salehoo.com, visitors are allowed to sign up for unlimited and lifetime access to the completely searchable database of products and suppliers. The database is regularly updated, ensuring that the latest retail products are always available for purchase and SaleHoo carries the BBB Reliability Seal!