A Finder finds, for a fee, something of value for another person, or organization. The items the finder seeks for his/her client could be:
- Money in the form of a loan, grant, sale of stock in a new company, private financing of corporate bonds, etc.
- Real estate having certain characteristics, such as a busy corner for a gas station, shopping mall, bank, etc.
- High-demand commodities–fuel oil, corn, wheat, cement, apples, oranges, lumber, sheet rock, asphalt, jet fuel, etc.
- Rare chemicals needed for laboratory work, medical research, dental procedures, industrial production, etc.
- Business representatives–such as overseas agents to sell your products, sales forces to make calls to promote products, etc.
Your Finder Fee is based on the value of the item you find. Or it can be a flat fee you negotiate with your client. You must always have a signed, written agreement with your client covering the exact amount of your fee and when it will be paid. For best results in being a finder, take these steps:
- Work with a product, service or commodity you know something about. Your work will be easier and of more value to your client.
- Require a signed, written agreement with your client BEFORE you start doing work for the client. Don't lose your fee for a fast find!
- Make sure you have an EXCLUSIVE written agreement with your client. Then you won't have competition from other finders looking for the same item you are. Such competition limits your chances for success.
- Use every opportunity you have to find what you're looking for. Run free ads in the IWS (International Wealth Success) Newsletter to find what you seek. Tell “people in the know” what you're looking for. But NEVER reveal what you're being paid to find the item! They may earn the finder fee with just one phone call!
Copyright © 2003 by International Wealth Success, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tyler G. Hicks, the president of International Wealth Success Inc., is the author of many wealth building publications, including the Finder's World Business Kit and the Financial Broker/ Finder/ Business Broker/ Business Consultant Kit.