What’s One of the Easiest Home Businesses to Start?
Today the answer is: Become a Finder for Business and Personal Needs. As a Finder you:
- Look for, and find, items companies and individuals seek. You are paid a fee for finding what’s wanted.
- Tell your client where he/she can obtain the item or items needed; you also give your client the price of the item.
- Arrange for getting the item to your client, if he/she wants this kind of service; not all clients ask for this help.
How Can You Get Started as a Finder?
The answer is easy. You just take these quick steps:
- Decide what types of items you’d like to find. At the start it is best to specialize. Thus, you might become a finder of: Money, Oil, Farm Products, Executives, Old Cars, Special Vessels (Yachts, Freighters), Factories, etc.
- Start your business in your name. When you do this you do not, in general, have to register your name with any local authority. Only assumed or fictitious names normally need to be registered with your county.
- Print your own letterhead. Use a computer or go to your local quick-print shop and have 100 sheets printed. That’s all you need to get started. Also have 100 #10 (business size) envelopes printed. Total cost=$50.
- Send letters to local companies telling them you will find the items they need for a fee. Focus on firms that might need what you’ve decided to find. Thus, if you want to find oil, write to oil-needing companies.
- Look in the Wanted columns of large-city Sunday newspapers for items people want that you might get for them. Contact your potential clients by phone, fax or mail, depending on what their ad says.
- Go to your local public library; look for any mewspapers or magazines serving the field in which you want to find items. Check their Wanted columns for needs you might fill for them by finding what they need for business.
- Charge a 10% finder’s fee for your work, if that amount is enough to pay you for the time and cost of finding what’s wanted by your client. When you find money, the typical fee is 5% of the first million dollars, 4% of the second million, etc. Just be sure you’re paid enough for each job!
- Advertise your services using small classified ads in the publications serving the field you want to specialize in. You’ll find the publications listed in “Standard Rate and Data”, available in any large public library near your home.
Being a Finder Can Bring You a Large Income at Home.
But you must work at finding what your clients seek. Find what a few clients want and you’ll soon be given more finding jobs. Satisfied customers will come back –again and again. Why? Because your finding activity saves them time and energy; they’re glad to pay you!
Copyright © 2001 by International Wealth Success, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tyler G. Hicks, the president of International Wealth Success Inc., is the author of many wealth building publications, including the Finder’s World Business Kit and the Financial Broker/ Finder/ Business Broker/ Business Consultant Kit.